Gearing Up for September
It's been quite a while since y'all have heard from us but we are back on the blogging bandwagon! We have been pretty busy this summer with Chefs in the Fast Lane and our brand new Big Hoss TV Summer Movie Series. Don't worry though... we aren't simply limiting all of the fun to summer time. Here are some exciting events we have coming up this fall that you CANNOT miss out on!
Laps for Charity
You're the driver when Texas Motor Speedway opens up the track to the public! That's right... experience the thrill of driving your personal vehicle around the 1.5-mile speedway, all to benefit SCC Texas! After your laps, you can celebrate with a photo in Texas Motor Speedway's victory lane... but even that doesn't end the fun. This year, we will be having a drive-in movie immediately following the conclusion of the event. Again, this is open to the public and we would LOVE to see you out here!
- When? Saturday, September 27, 2014 (Time TBD)
- Where? Texas Motor Speedway
- Bring? Yourself, your vehicle, your cooler, and some friends
*More detailed information to come, keep checking the Events tab on our website for updates*
Tony Stewart Smoke Show
Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart is BACK, y'all!
The sixth edition of the Tony Stewart Smoke Show is set for Tuesday, Sept. 23, and it will have a new look as participants will run under the lights of Texas Motor Speedway's high-banked, 1.5-mile oval for the first time.
The Smoke Show has raised more than $1 million in just its five years of existence and the funds have been used to help children throughout North Texas.
The itinerary this year will be slightly different from years passed. The participants will arrive at 2:30 p.m. CT and spend the next nine hours getting the opportunity to experience a day-in-the-life of a NASCAR driver during a typical race day, drive competitive laps in a stock car on Texas Motor Speedway and hang out with Smoke himself throughout the event.
The Smoke Show features:
- Personalized lockers and a personalized "Smoke Show" driver's suit
- Drivers' meeting & Q&A with Stewart
- Pre-race driver introductions on stage
- Two 10-lap competitive lap sessions in a Team Texas stock car with personalized instruction from Stewart and a video keepsake of your drive
- A Victory Lane celebration where you join Stewart to celebrate with the AAA Texas 500 trophy while wearing a winner's felt cowboy hat and firing off the pistols just like the NASCAR Sprint Cup winners do at Texas Motor Speedway
- Riding shotgun as Stewart gives you a stimulating, three-lap run around Texas Motor Speedway in a Team Texas two-seater stock car
- Add ons available: bring a guest $1,000, custom Smoke Show helmet $1,000, racing shoes $250
All participants also will be provided lunch and dinner along with a Q&A and autograph session with Tony as well as a live auction of several authentic Tony Stewart items. We offer multiple pricing packages to participate in the event, beginning at $6,000. The event is limited to 30 participants with only 5 spots left!
To purchase a spot for the "Smoke Show" or for additional information, please call the Speedway Children's Charities-Texas office at (817) 215-8421.