Speedway Children's Charities Intern, Texas Motor Speedway
College Level Student or recent graduate- B.A., B.S. with the following majors, but not limited to, hospitality management, non-profit, sports or motorsport management, public relations or related field.
Good organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy; proactive; creative; team player; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook). Must be able to work any scheduled event weekends that occur during the internship.
- Assist with keeping open communication with the Board of Trustees, Texas Motor Speedway, and partner organizations by making phone calls, sending emails, sending faxes, and mass mailings.
- Update social media daily.
- Keep the office organized to help provide a stress-free work environment.
- Update databases and contact lists leading up to event weekends.
- Maintain auction item list for each event (detailing items, confirming items, contact person for items donated, etc.).
- Be another set of eyes for editing minute-by-minute and scripts for events.
- Collaborate with SCC staff to communicate with volunteers and organize volunteer lists and time slots for events.
- Act as Volunteer Manager during events (help check volunteers in, be the go-to person for any volunteer questions, and be a clear example of expected duties for volunteers).
- Get hands-on experience by helping coordinate behind the scenes.
- Maintain and update databases to correspond with changes made throughout the grant process.
- Keep open and frequent communication with the Board of Trustees about deadlines and updates for grants.
- Become aware of organizations applying for grants.
This is an unpaid internship. However, as a token of gratitude, all interns who complete the semester internship and work the race events held during the semester internship will receive a $500 stipend.