Founders Grant Program
Founders Grants Applications to Speedway Children's Charities at Texas Motor Speedway for program or project funding in the fall of 2016 with program implementation in the 2017 calendar year are now being accepted.
The Founders Grant Program is in honor of our distinguished leaders of Speedway Children's Charities.
Eligible children's charities located in and providing services to children in Tarrant, Denton, Dallas, and Collin County are invited to submit proposals based upon the criteria presented within this document. Also note, applying organizations must have participated in the January 2016 workshop to be eligible to apply.
- An initial response (designated the first round) to the RFP will be submitted for the purpose of reviewing the general outline of the program, an overview of the children segment to be served, the anticipated budget, and the partnership benefits to Speedway Children's Charities.
- Speedway Children's Charities will review the first round proposals and invite selected Charities to submit an expanded proposal (designated the second round). From these proposals Speedway Children's Charities will select those to be funded for 2016.
- Speedway Children's Charities invites proposals in the funding range of $125,000 to $150,000.
- The population segment to be served will be children in need of medical, educational or social services.
- The Founders Grant will consider proposals that include capital funding.
- A Speedway Children's Charities Founders Grant must be the only funding for a proposed project. Projects that will require additional funding from another outside source will not be considered.
- First round RFP’s will be available electronically by February 5, 2016 and will be accepted until February 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Proposals selected for the second round review will be notified after March 15, 2016 and will have until April 15, 2016 to complete submission.
- Notification to the selected Charities that a grant has been awarded will be made by November 2016.
- Funds will be distributed quarterly unless otherwise designated; such distribution will begin no later than December 31, 2016.
Criteria for Submission of First Round Proposals
- The proposal must be completed electronically. The form will be posted on the Speedway Children’s Charities website by February 5, 2016.
- The form will have the following segments:
- Overview of the proposal
- A description of the children segment to be served
- Actual services to be provided or capital project to be completed
- Administrative oversight and management of the program
- The budget to include personnel, operations, and capital costs if applicable
- The marketing & partnership benefits to Speedway Children’s Charities
- A limited number of character spaces are available for each segment. Character spacing count is based on characters and spaces. Information provided that goes above the character count will not be seen or reviewed. Please be very specific with your proposal information.
Speedway Children’s Charities Partnership Benefits
Speedway Children’s Charities is recognized as a leader in providing financial grants for children’s charities in the DFW Metroplex. The Speedway Children’s Charities Board of Trustees desires to assume an even larger role in developing a presence in Tarrant, Denton, Dallas, and Collin Counties by expanding programs and services to children in need.
The Founders Grant program is an impact grant initiative to serve children in need on a large scale. As such Speedway Children’s Charities will evaluate the increased exposure and partnering opportunities of each grant applicant as part of the overall review.